Pages

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Components Arrive - part 2

A truck arrived this afternoon with things I ordered for my greenhouse. I was ecstatic, until I begin to realize that even though my order from FarmTek was amazingly swift, they sent my the wrong size plastic covering! I order a sheet of greenhouse film 32 x 100 feet but received a sheet that was only 24 x 100 feet! I paid $408.00 but received the $306.00 covering.

I was very depressed as I called and tried to straighten out the order. As it stands this evening, I'm being billed an additional $408.00 plus $89.54 for shipping to have the correct product sent! Eventually I'll have to send the incorrect package back. That will be a little awkward since it's a 7 1/2 foot long box that weighs 71 lbs!

After being on the phone for 30 minutes with Rosemary from FarmTek and while I was still getting over the disappointment of the wrong size plastic film, I opened a second box that contained the Outside Air Inflation System. It was missing one of it's component parts! The Outside Air Infl. Regulator Part #4PN0037! I couldn't bring myself to call Rosemary back! I figure she'll think I'm a crank or something, so even though I paid nearly a hundred fifty bucks and received an incomplete package, I feel like just letting it go! I just wish I knew what the piece is supposed to look like, and do. I think it's just a little filter that screws onto the outside air inlet. I should be able to cobble something together, but I can't find the kit pieces on the internet any place.

After writing here about my problem, I did go back to the FarmTek web site and filled out an incomplete/parts missing form. As much as I hate to complain, the kit they sent was incomplete and the price they've charged is higher than other inflation kits, so I'll see if they are able to make this right.



After the delivery truck left and I got off the phone with Rosemary, I received a call from a friend, she had obtained some plastic barrels for my project so I jumped in the car and drove to her place. I packed three, 55-gallon drums in my car and strapped three more on top! I did have to make a second trip because there were eight all together, but I thought I did good getting six on one load. Someday I really need to get a pick-up truck.

2 comments:

  1. Good news! This morning, another lady from FarmTek called after my email about the missing regulator, and she is mailing it out, my inflation kit will be complete! Yippi! I was pretty sure that FarmTek was a good company, and I just had a really bad first order, I'll continue to support them with my business cause I'm sure they're doing there best but sometimes things just don't go the way we hope or planned and they doing what they can to fix the problems. Besides that, they have some neat products!
    I will know how to check my orders a little more carefully in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AHHHH Glad that all worked out for you! Your car had quite a load......

    ReplyDelete